Our owners are passionate people; they're passionate about the hobby of backyard birdfeeding and their businesses. They love nature, they love wild birds and they love sharing their enthusiasm about both with their customers.
Franchisee Attributes & Characteristics
The ideal Wild Birds Unlimited franchisee candidate is someone who is a nature enthusiast with a passion for birdfeeding. They are excited about building a business they believe in and becoming the local source for backyard birdfeeding products and knowledge. Our Franchisees are committed to delivering exceptional customer service with an energetic friendly attitude and interacting with and helping others who share their interest in backyard birdfeeding.
Wild Birds Unlimited owners are their local communities' backyard birdfeeding specialists and a premiere source for nature information as well as quality products. But who we are goes far beyond the items we sell.
It's our owners' commitment to their customers that distinguishes them from other retailers, a fact that makes us very proud. They enjoy helping their customers understand birds and nature, swapping stories about the latest bird sightings and seeing other people share their excitement.
But our stores are more than a birder's paradise. They are resources for unique nature gifts, decorative lawn and garden accessories and a variety of natural home and personal care products.
What are My Qualifications?
- Passionate about Nature and Backyard Birdfeeding
- Interested in owning your own business and working for yourself
- Willing to work with others who share the same interests
- Committed to delivering the ultimate WBU customer experience
- Committed to following WBU “Best Practices” to operate your own WBU store
- Comfortable with the needs associated with running a business
Marketing Tools and Ongoing Support
Once you are open for business, the team members of our Franchise Support Center continue to work with and support you by making sure you have access to, and guidance, in following our proven business system. Below are just some of the areas where you can look to us for help:
- Marketing – both initial and on-going programs all designed to drive new and repeat customers; including Grand Opening and new store marketing plans; annual monthly marketing calendar; all supported and enhanced by in-store and local marketing materials
- Merchandising and Purchasing – On-going education, support and evaluation, to help ensure you have the best product mix for your local market and customers
- Human Resources – we work with you to develop and implement customer service, employee training and management strategies that make a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop the place to go for the local bird feeding enthusiast
- Nature and Hobby Education – as bird feeding hobbiest ourselves, we continually stay on top of the latest trends, news and products, all in an effort to make sure that each Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop remains the destination of choice for those looking for products and services related to backyard bird feeding
Typically it takes approximately 45-60 days from your first inquiry until you come out to our headquarters to finalize the approval process. We will be guiding you though this entire discovery process to answer any questions along the way and help you decide if owning a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop is right for you.
Thanks again for your interest and “Keep Feeding those Birds!”
Note: Wild Birds Unlimited is NOT ACTIVELY FRANCHISING in the following states - Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico and Wyoming.